A seemingly ordinary takeaway meal from McDonald’s turned into a shocking and unhygienic ordeal for a British mother when she discovered a cigarette butt and ash at the bottom of her McDonald’s Happy Meal, which she had purchased for her one-year-old child.
Gemma Kirk-Bonner ordered a Happy Meal from a McDonald’s restaurant in Barrow-in-Furness, UK, with the intention of treating her two young sons, 1-year-old Caleb and 3-year-old Jackson. However, the joy of a simple family meal quickly turned to dismay when the 35-year-old stumbled upon a disturbing and unsavory surprise in the meal – a cigarette butt hidden amidst the fries.
The unsettling discovery left the mother deeply upset, and she took to Facebook to express her frustration, sharing a photograph that showcased the cigarette butt entangled with the fries. In her post, she wrote, “Forget the toy… now comes with a cigarette end and ash for extra taste. Phoned up to make a complaint but rudely spoken to then she put the phone down on me!”
Take a look at the post:
Several Facebook users took to the comments section to express that they had similar experiences as well.
McDonald’s has not commented on the incident.